When is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Sunday 12th May, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings taking place? Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
What is the expected weather for Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? 37-39c with cloudy intervals but no rain forecast
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport 3
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings? https://www.iplt20.com/schedule
All-time meetings: Mumbai Indians W17, Chennai Super Kings W12
Last meeting: Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Mumbai Indians finished top of the group and then beat Chennai Super Kings in the first Qualifier on Tuesday by six wickets so confidence is good coming into this rematch after winning all three meetings with the Super Kings in IPL 2019.
- They have an extremely settled team right now with the only real decision to make is over whether Jayant Yadav keeps his place and he has probably done enough to earn himself a starting spot after two good performances.
- They will hope that their openers can make a better start although Suryakumar Yadav is proving to be a highly underrated figure in the middle order for them but they will want Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock to start well.
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Captain: MS Dhoni
- Chennai Super Kings comfortably dispatched Delhi Capitals on Friday in the second Qualifier by six wickets so they now face a rematch with Mumbai Indians and they will have to reverse their fortunes after losing all three matches to the Indians this season.
- The form of Watson and Du Plessis in the match on Friday will have heartened CSK as both hit fifties so they will be key to victory here and Dhoni’s men will have to improve their scoring rate to test Mumbai more than their previous three matches.
- They brought Shardul Thakur in for the match against the Capitals for an extra bowling option but they may be tempted to bring Murali Vijay back into the side to bolster their batting for this final.
The biggest rivalry in IPL history will resume in the 2019 final as Mumbai Indians face off with the Chennai Super Kings in Hyderabad. Mumbai have won the previous three meeting with Chennai this season and they have had the edge in all facets over Dhoni’s men. Both teams may be inclined to bat first but the Super Kings will have to improve with the bat. They have not scored enough. Form is with the Indians and it is difficult to oppose them given their dominance over the Super Kings this year.